Searching for love stories that won awards and the hearts of readers? Look no further. Here are three sexy contemporary romances for your reading pleasure.
Between the Sheets by Molly O’Keefe
Shelby’s prim reputation is a cage that protects and confines her. It hides her dark side and it keeps people from getting too close. She’s not worried of getting hurt as much as hurting others. But Ty, the bad boy who just moved next door, doesn’t scare off easily. Shelby thought she could just have wild sex with Ty as a temporary escape, but he wants more. And the more she shows herself to him, the more he wants her.
This book won the 2014 Romantic Times Award for Contemporary Romance and it’s no wonder because Molly O’Keefe’s talent is stunning! She creates two characters weighed down from life and the biggest risk they can make is allowing someone to see beneath the facades. Readers will gobble up every moment of hope, pain and bittersweet beauty.
Rock Hard by Nalini Singh
After surviving a horrific attack, Charlotte is a timid woman with a very small comfort zone. She just wants to be invisible but that’s almost impossible when her new boss, ex-rugby star Gabriel, challenges her every step of the way. Gabriel is a force of nature. His larger-than-life body and personality both intimidates and fascinates Charlotte. At first Charlotte thinks of herself as a mouse against a T-Rex but it turns out she’s more of a T-Rex tamer.
Rock Hard by Nalini Singh was the winner of the Romantic Times Award in 2015 for Best Indie Press Contemporary Romance. The romance is a slow burn with a satisfying pay-off as Charlotte transforms into a confident woman. You will care deeply about the characters as they fight hard for their happily-ever-after.
Wrong to Need You by Alisha Rai
Family means everything to Sadia. She understood why Jackson, her best friend and her husband’s brother, left town a decade ago under a cloud of scandal. But she’s angry that he vanished without a trace and didn’t come back when the family needed him. Now he has returned. Sadia, widowed and a single mom, shouldn’t be attracted to Jackson. He’s off-limits. She definitely shouldn’t share her problems with him. How can she rely on someone who didn’t stick around for her the first time?
The sexy romance was named a Cosmopolitan Magazine Best Book of 2017 and won the Romantic Times award for Contemporary Romance. Filled with family drama, hot sex and painful secrets, this story has it all.
Recommended Reading List
In addition to the books mentioned above, get these sexy contemporary romance novels:
- The Christmas Dare by Lori Wilde: Kelsey accepts her friend’s challenge and spend a Christmas of “Yes”. That means she has to say yes to a series of dares. But she didn’t expect her friend to engineer a reunion with Kelsey’s high school sweetheart, Noah.
- The Friend Zone by Abby Jimenez: Kristen and Josh become friends who are there for each other no matter what. It doesn’t take long for them to be friends-with-benefits but they’re absolutely meant to be a couple. The story has a lot of fun moments, but there’s also a heartbreaking twist near the end that will have you crying long after you finish the book.
- Get a Life, Chloe Brown by Talia Hibbert: Chloe, who is living with chronic pain, creates a bucket list that will help her become the kind of woman who can turn disappointments around.
- The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang: Stella needs practice when it comes to dating, kissing and sex. Stella hires Michael, a male escort, so she can learn how to perform better. Stella and Michael have to overcome their pride and insecurities to find their happily-ever-after. The soul-baring sex and deep intimacy is profound in this outstanding romance!
- Love Hard by Nalini Singh: Jake is a straitlaced and serious rugby star falling for Juliet, the best friend of his late childhood sweetheart. Jake has a compulsive need to protect the people he loves and he’s determined to take care of Juliet. Juliet, who’s never had a family she could rely on, is both drawn and resistant to Jake’s possessiveness. But she discovers that she’s just as much of a fighter when it comes to protecting the man she loves.
- The One in My Heart by Sherry Thomas: Bennett had been disowned for falling in love with an inappropriate woman. He needs help to facilitate a reunion with his family. Someone safe, familiar and respectable at his side. Someone like Evangeline. This fake relationship romance is about two people longing for and fearing emotional intimacy in equal measure. The quiet moments pack as much of a punch as the ferocious sexual attraction. It’s a beautifully told story!
- Sleepover by Serena Bell: When her husband left her for his one true love, Elle felt defeated and in need to reclaim her old self. Step one was a memorable one-night stand with a stranger… who is now her next door neighbor. Starting a relationship with Sawyer–or even repeating that night–is tempting, but he’s a widower who still loves his wife. Elle won’t be second best again. Sleepover is emotional, dirty sexy and romantic!
- Under Her Skin by Adriana Anders: Uma is hiding from her abusive ex who had branded her skin with unwanted tattoos. Her new neighbor, Ivan, is an ex-con who had protected his loved ones through violence. This is an emotionally intense love story about two wounded souls.
- The Wedding Date by Jasmine Guillory: In this fun and fast-paced fake relationship romance, Alexa meets Drew while stranded together in a hotel elevator. She can’t believe she agrees to pose as his girlfriend while he attends his ex’s wedding. What starts out as pretend soon becomes a real long-distance affair. But can this steamy relationship go the distance?
- The Wrong Kind of Love by Lexi Ryan: Nicole has always found the wrong kind of love. So, hooking up with Ethan–a widowed father who turned out to be her new employer–would be a bad idea. And yet, it feels so right. This contemporary romance is emotional and sexy. It’s about two people who have struggled with feelings of inadequacy in their past relationships.
Do you search for award-winning love stories? Browse through this list of awards presented by international romance writer associations.